Kingsley Special Academy Trust welcomes children between the ages of 3 and 11, with a wide range of learning and medical needs.
Our practice is built on working with the ‘child-in-family’, seeking to empower all those who live and work with the child and sensitive to the enormous demands on families when a child presents with a disability. We seek to ensure that the child is ‘available for learning’ by pre-meeting their needs, overcoming anxieties and providing meaningful learning challenge built on the child’s own interests and motivators. We love learning and recognise that it is in the moment of learning that every person, every child, is the very best that they can be.
- We believe that education should make a positive difference to the lives of each of our pupils now and in the future.
- We recognise and respect that everyone has an individual learning style and we provide opportunities for everyone to develop their potential.
- We work as a multi-professional team to inspire, guide and support, so that everyone has access to the very best educational opportunities.
- We aim to provide a supportive, secure, educational environment in which inspiring and challenging teaching and learning is actively encouraged.
- Everyone’s achievement is recognised and celebrated.
- We are part of the wider educational community and are committed to inclusive education.
- We provide a clearly structured curriculum within which creativity is encouraged.
- We are accountable for our work to governors, parents and most of all to the children.